Palmo, A. J.
- Eugenie De Jong
Tibetan calendar dates
- Primary Affiliation (Workplace)
- Dharmachakra Translation Committee
- Khamtrul Dongyu Nyima Rinpoche · Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche · Apho Yeshe Rangdrol Rinpoche · Pema Wangyal Rinpoche · Trulshik Rinpoche
84000 projects with Dharmachakra Translation Committee
Ani Jinpa Palmo (also Ani Jinba Palmo or Eugenie De Jong) is a Dutch Buddhist nun who has studied Tibetan Buddhism since 1968 and was ordained in India in 1969. In the seventies she served as an interpreter for Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche and currently serves as an interpreter for Kyabje Trulshik Rinpoche while spending her winters in Nepal and India. During her summers in Europe and the US she occasionally serves as an interpreter for Khenpo Pema Sherab and Kunzang Dechen Lingpa. She has translated a number of Tibetan Buddhist books and also did numerous unpublished translations for private purposes.
- Wiki Pages
- Pure Appearance, published by the Vajravairochana Translation Committee: paperback; 116 pages, 1992
- Primordial Purity, published by the Vajravairochana Translatio Committee: paperback; 103 pages, 1999
- The Great Image: the Life of Vairochana the Translator. Published by Shambhala Publications in 2004; ISBN 1-59030-069-6
- Guide to the Words of my Perfect Teacher, by Khenpo Ngawang Palzang, translated together with the Padmakara Translation Group, published by Shambhala Publications in 2004; ISBN 1-59030-073-4
- Brilliant Moon: the Autobiography of Dilgo Khyentse. Translated by Ani Jinpa Palmo. Boston: Shambhala Publications, 2008.
Unpublished Works (completed)
- The Life of Padmasambhava by Sogdogpa
- Yeshe Lama from Longchen Nyingtik (restricted)
- Nyingtik Mabu Triyig (restricted)